Savory pies have always been my favorite. And during the spring shallot season, he gave himself to me to make a shallot – cottage cheese pie. A nourishing delicacy with the intense taste of shallots. It is perhaps even tastier cold than fresh, so it is a great appetizer, appetizer, or you can take it with you on a spring trip or picnic.
Why should we eat shallots?
The first harbinger of spring shallots, which may appear in the offer of vegetable counters as early as the beginning of March. This healthy herb grows in the wild, it is important to buy the shallot only from a reliable source, because its leaves are very similar to those of the lily of the valley, which is extremely poisonous! Chives can be eaten raw, for example in sandwiches and salads, but they can also be used in many other dishes, for example in cream soups, stews, savory cakes, pasta, and pesto can also be made from them. The intense smell and taste of shallots lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels, strengthens the elasticity of blood vessel walls, improves digestion, and is effective against fungal skin infections.
~ For the pasta ~
250 g of flour
120 – 130 g of cold butter
2 tbsp. sour cream
1 egg yolk
1 k only
Half a bag of baking powder
~ For the shallot-curd filling ~
500 g cottage cheese
Half a bunch of shallots (or as much as you like)
1 k only
2 tbsp. semolina (+ 1 tbsp. for the dough)
2 egg yolks
3 egg whites
This is how the shallot – cottage cheese pie is made
- First the pie dough let’s make it. To do this, measure the ingredients and knead them thoroughly in a large bowl with quick movements, then cover and set aside until you make the filling. Do not throw away the remaining egg white, as you will need it for the curd filling!
- A for filling wash, dry and chop the shallots.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Then put the cottage cheese in a bowl and break up the larger lumps with a fork. Add the chopped shallots, the 2 tbsp. semolina, 2 egg yolks and salt, then mix thoroughly. Finally, carefully fold in the beaten egg white.
- Take a baking tray and line it with baking paper. Roll out the dough slightly larger than the size of the pan and carefully put it in. Prick it with a fork and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. with semolina.
- Then spread the curd-scallion filling evenly over the dough. In an oven preheated to 180 °C, it is ready in 35-45 minutes, depending on the oven.
- When finished, put it on a wire rack together with baking paper and let it cool a little, then slice it.
Húsvét,Pékáru,Sós nasik,Új receptek,lepény,medvehagyma,pite,sós pite,tavaszi étel,tavaszi medvehagyma,tavaszi recept,túró, #Curd #pie #shallots Bon appetit!
❤ XOXO ❤