Do you already know what is the meaning of Processor and its functions? If not, this review might help you. The processor (processor) on a computer is often known as the computer’s brain or Central Processing Unit (CPU) which can support computer performance, the greater the processor capacity, the faster the performance of the computer or laptop.
What is meant by processor?
The processor is an IC that can manage all the performance of a computer operating system, from carrying out tasks to performing calculations and reading data.
Processor performance will not be maximized without supporting components that have their respective roles and functions.
Computer Processor Parts
1. Control Unit
Control Unit (CU) is one of the components contained in the processor which functions to control the flow of data, both input and output.
It is through this Control Unit that data calculations and orders can be executed regularly and without clashes.
This can be explained because the Control Unit is in charge of protecting and notifying data input units regarding the time of entry and the type of data and storage space in the primary storage.
In addition, the Control Unit also plays a role in conveying data to the Arithmatics Logical Unit (ALU) regarding the operations to be carried out and the origin of the data to the place where the final data is placed.
2. Aritcmatics Logical Unit
The Arithmetic Logical Unit (ALU) is a part of the processor that functions to assist processor performance by executing many basic commands through programming instructions such as arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.) and logical commands (AND, OR, NOT) to the implementation of comparisons. .
Judging from this, the Arithmetic Logical Unit is the basic unit of the processor operating system to carry out tasks and commands on a computer operating system.
3. Register Unit
Register Unit (RU) is a processor component that acts as a storage device with a faster access speed than main memory.
Through this Register Unit, the address of the data register that has been processed by the Arithmatics Logical Unit and Control Unit is stored in the processor before being processed again.
Judging from the functions of the supporting components, the working principle of the processor can be summarized as follows.
Another interesting article related to an explanation of the meaning of bits and bytes on a computer along with examples of their application.
How does the processor work?
How Computer Processors Work
The working principle of the processor is as a component whose job is to receive commands (input) through hardware devices such as keyboards and mice which are then processed to produce outgoing commands (output) either to related software or hardware.
What is the function of the processor?
Computer Processor Function
The processor functions as a data processing component starting from the process of entering data (input) which is processed to produce output (output) on a computer device.
The rest, when the processor works to process data, it will be assisted by RAM and hard drive, which is where the data comes from to be retrieved and processed.
If the above is the basic function of a processor, then here are some processor functions in general.
Processor Functions on a Computer
- Running and processing information data on the computer.
- Align all components in the computer so that they are connected to each other and do not clash in carrying out commands.
- Anticipate overlapping commands on each computer component.
- Stabilize and maintain the performance and performance of computer systems.
- Process data in the form of algorithm calculations to be translated into an output command.
- Supports the specific needs of the computer device itself.
- Maintain the stability of the work of each computer hardware.
- The processor is the brain as well as the control center of the entire computer system.
So, here are some types of computer processors that are circulating in general.
Read also 70+ functions of the Alt key on a laptop keyboard complete with explanations.
What are the types of processors?
Types of Computer Processors
There are many types of processors on the market which have advantages and disadvantages of each brand of computer processor.
1. Intel Processor
Here are some product variants made by Intel processors.
- 4004 Micro processor
- 8008 Microprocessor
- 8080 Microprocessor
- 8086 – 8088 Microprocessor
- 286 Microprocessor
- Intel 386 TM
- Intel 486 TM DX CPU Microprocessor
- Intel Pentium Processor
- Intel Pentium Pro Processor
- Intel Pentium II Processor
- Intel Pentium II Xeon Processor
- Intel Celeron Processor 1999
- Intel Pentium III Processor 1999
- Intel Pentium III Xeon Processor 2000
- Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2001
- Intel Italium Processor 2001
- Intel Italy II Processor 2002
- Intel Pentium M Processor 2003
- Intel Pentium M 735/ 745/ 755 2004
- Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 2005
- Intel Pentium D 2005
- Intel Core 2 Quad 2006
- Intel Quad Core Xeon 2006
- Intel Core i7 800, i5 dan Xeon 3400 2009
- Intel Core i9-9900T
2. AMD (Anvanced Micro Processor)
Several variants of processor products made by AMD.
- AMD Athlon II X2 240 spec 2,8 GHz,2 x 1024 KB
- AMD Athlon II X2 245 spec 2,9 GHz,2 x 512 KB
- AMD Athlon II X2 250 spec 3 GHz,2 x 1024 KB
- AMD Athlon II X2 255 spec 3,2 GHz,2 x 1024 KB
- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition spec 3.2 GHz,4x 512,6 KB
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition spec 3,4 GHz,4x 512,6 KB
- AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black spec 3,5 GHz,4x 512,6 KB
- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T spec 2,8 GHz,6x 512,6 KB
- AMD Phenom II X6 1075T spec 3 GHz,6x 512,6 KB
- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BK spec 3,2 GHz,6x 512,6 KB
- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BK spec 3,3 GHz,6x 512,6 KB
3. Cyrix Processor
So, several choices of processor products from Cyrix.
- Cyrix FasMath
- Cyrix 486SLC dan Cyrix 486DLC
- Cyrix 5×86
- Cyrix 6×86 (M1)
- Cyrix MII
- Cyrix MediaGX
- Cyrix MII-433GP
4. Apple Processor
There are several choices of this processor from Apple, here are the details.
- Apple I
- Apple II
- Apple DOS
- Apple Pascal
- Apple CP/M
- Apple SOS
- Apple ProDOS
5. IBM Processor
There are many choices of processor series presented by IBM, along with the choices.
- 80386 DX
- IBM 486SLC2
- Pentium Classic (P54C)
- Pentium Pro
- Pentium II Xeon
- IBM POWER4
- IBM POWER5
- IBM POWER6
- IBM POWER7
6. IDT Processor
The IDT Processor variant that you can choose from is one of them.
- Winchip C6 (0.35 µm)
- WinChip 2 (0.35 µm)
- WinChip 2A (0.35 µm)
- WinChip 2B (0.25 µm)
- WinChip 3 (0.25 µm)
The rest for other processors such as the Transmeta Processor, ARM Processor, and Via are no less interesting to know.
Explanation of the RAM function of a complete Android cellphone along with a complete understanding and example.
Based on the reviews above, we already know that the role and function of the processor in a computer is very vital in executing and executing commands on the computer’s operating system.
Therefore, the higher the processor, the faster the performance of the computer system in opening applications or executing other commands.
At least this can be a basic understanding of the simple processor in a computer device that we use.
The above review of the meaning and function of a processor on a computer can help you understand the meaning and explain again what a processor is, both from its use and its benefits in the computer operating system itself.
#Definition #Functions #Computer #Processor #Works #Complete
❤ XOXO ❤