If you feel burning in your stomach or intense pain behind your breastbone after eating, you may have stomach acidity. This condition occurs when the secretion of acids in the stomach is very high or when this acid causes irritation in the esophagus. If you feel this discomfort two or three times a week or more, you should go to the doctor because it could be something more serious. If it only happens once in a while, you can prevent it by taking some of these steps:
- Don’t eat large portions and try to eat slowly.
- See which foods give you heartburn and avoid them. Some of the most common are: chocolate, coffee and caffeinated beverages, alcohol, citrus fruits, tomatoes, high fat foods, mint or spearmint flavored foods, pepper, chili.
- Do not lie down or do physical exercise for two to three hours after eating.
- Elevate the head of your bed by placing six-inch blocks under the legs of the headboard. Don’t use pillows to prop up your head because it can create more pressure on your stomach area.
- Don’t wear tight clothing, especially around the waist.
- Stress and smoking make heartburn worse. Try to remove these triggers from your life.
Salud,Salud: Vida Sana,
❤ XOXO ❤