Siri can hear, respond, and complete your tasks even with AirPods. When setting up Siri for AirPods, you may have enabled Siri without realizing the headache it can cause. If you’ve been looking for a way to disable this feature for your AirPods, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, I will explain how to disable Siri on AirPods using iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to disable Siri on AirPods using iPhone or iPad
Before you try to disable Siri, make sure your AirPods are connected to your device.
- Launch Settings → Bluetooth.
Make sure the lid of your AirPods case is open or your headphones are on.
- Press the (i) button next to your Airpods.
- Navigate left and right respectively and select any function other than Siri for both.
Also, after following these steps, you may see Siri, Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, and Mute as options, because any AirPods other than AirPods Pro and Max don’t have noise control . To learn more about AirPods Pro and Max features, check out our Airpods guide.
Note: Alternatively, you can go to “Settings” → tap [your name’s] AirPods and follow step 3 above.
How to turn off Siri on AirPods using a Mac
You can also disable Siri on your AirPods when using them with a Mac. Depending on your version of macOS, you can use the procedures below to disable Siri on AirPods.
On macOS Monterey or earlier
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to Bluetooth.
- Tap Options next to your paired AirPods.
- Move left and right respectively. Select Noise Control.
Switching to macOS
- Go to System Preferences → Bluetooth.
- Click the (i) button next to Airpods → AirPods Pro Settings.
- Move left and right respectively. Select Noise Control. .
Note: To disable Siri on macOS Ventura, go to System Preferences → Siri & Spotlight → disable Listen for “Hey Siri” or “Ask Siri.” On macOS Monterey, you need to go to System Preferences → Siri → uncheck “Turn on Ask Siri”.
How to Completely Disable Siri on iPhone and iPad
- Launch “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Siri & Search.
- Disable the buttons next to Listen for “Hey Siri” and “Press the side button for Siri.”
You can also prevent Siri from announcing notifications on your iPhone or iPad if you don’t want to disable Siri entirely.
Prevent Siri from announcing notifications on iPhone or iPad
- Open Settings → Notifications.
- Now under Siri, click “Announce Notifications”.
- Turn off ad notification.
In addition, you can also disable ads for some specific applications. You can read our article to better understand Siri announcing messages on Airpod.
Note: Turn off your headphones if you just want to turn off ads when connected to AirPods.
Frequently asked Questions
Q. How do I turn off voice control on AirPods?
To turn off voice control on AirPods, go to Settings → Accessibility → Voice Control section → disable voice control.
Siri is undeniably one of the best virtual assistants available, but it can be a nuisance at times. So, I hope these solutions helped. Let me know in the comments which of the above methods would you use to disable Siri.
- How to use Siri offline on iPhone and iPad
- Siri not working on iPhone? 7 ways to fix it
- How to send audio messages using Siri from iPhone
#turn #Siri #AirPods #ways #explained
❤ XOXO ❤