For Sunday lunch or even for Easter, treat yourself to a recipe that you don’t prepare every day. You can never miss a juicy roast.
Although the preparation time is a bit longer, you will eventually find that it was worth the effort. Last but not least, the roast is mostly intended only for Sundays and special occasions.
The mixture of honey, pepper and lime juice provides the finishing touch and satisfies even the most picky guests! .
Turkey roast For 4 people you need
Preparation time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- 1.2 kg of turkey breast
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 onions
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 400 ml of poultry broth
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- honey 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan to 160 degrees). Rinse the turkey breasts with cold water, dry them and rub them with salt and cayenne pepper. Peel an onion, cut it in half lengthwise and cut it into chunks.
2. Heat a baking pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Then roast the meat on it for 7 to 8 minutes so that it is browned on all sides. Add the onions. Pour 200 ml of broth. Push the pan to the middle level of the oven, cover it and bake the meat for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a mortar, coarsely grind the peppercorns and mix them with honey, lime juice and the remaining oil. Turn the roast turkey over, coat it with the pepper mixture and pour in the remaining broth. Bake the meat in an open pan for another 45 minutes, turning it every 15 minutes and coating it with the pepper mixture.
4. If the roast is baked, check with your thumb. If the meat is firm under pressure and hardly gives in, the roast is roasted. Let it rest for another 5 to 10 minutes in the switched off oven and with the door slightly closed . Next to tekne salad and cranberries.
❤ XOXO ❤