Loaded sweet potatoes or stuffed sweet potatoes are another opportunity to improvise in the kitchen and let your imagination run free to create, with what’s in your fridge or cupboards, a different but always healthy meal, lunch or dinner.
The idea is simple.
While you are baking your sweet potatoes in the oven, prepare the ‘load’ of them. Various vegetables that you have cut them, such as pepper, pumpkin, onion, mushrooms, carrots or whatever you have and like. Saute them for 10 minutes in the pan to soften with a little vegetable broth. You can add some beans or lentils or boiled chickpeas if you have them in your fridge.
In the meantime, you have time to make a cream to decorate your loaded sweet potatoes and make them juicier, such as avocado cream or cashew cream.
For the avocado cream you will need:
- 1/2 ripe avocado (for each sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 3-5 tablespoons of water
- salt, pepper, zest of half a lemon or some grated ginger
Steps: Mash the avocado with your fork. Add lemon juice, water, salt, pepper, lemon zest or ginger. Blend until creamy.
To bake the sweet potatoes, follow the steps below:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the whole sweet potatoes with their skin, after you have cleaned them very well and pierced them with a fork in several places (at least 6-8 places on each potato), on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush them with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake them at 200 degrees for about an hour, until they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. In the last 15 minutes you can increase the oven temperature to 220 degrees. (they may take longer depending on your oven.)
- When they are ready, take them out of the oven. You open them lengthwise with the knife and with the spoon, dig a little inside them so that they become fluffy.
- In the slot you pour their ‘load’ that you have prepared while the sweet potatoes were baking and pour the avocado cream on top of them.
See the following photos and get inspired! Good luck!
With kale and feta!
With mushrooms and a yogurt sauce!
With chickpeas and quinoa!
Συνταγές,Food,Recipes, #Loaded #Sweet #Potatoes #Oven
❤ XOXO ❤