A very nice, ‘alternative’ and modern idea for low carb, gluten free and low calorie pizza is cauliflower pizza. Favorite appetizer of the residents of California, America, but also of those who love healthy food and pizza of course.
Cauliflower is a misunderstood vegetable, many consider it tasteless and with an unpleasant smell.
However, it is rich in vitamins of the B complex as well as vitamins C, K and E. It also contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and manganese. It is one of the richest sources of plant protein and plant fiber, while it does not contain any fat.
Remember that vegetables deliver their nutrients optimally when steamed or eaten raw. Cauliflower florets, ground in a blender like couscous, can be eaten raw or steamed and replace rice in your dishes as a low-carb vegetable or add to your salads.
For the cauliflower pizza dough you will need:
- 1 medium to large cauliflower
- 1-2 eggs
- oregano or mint
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese or even soft goat cheese
- a little salt
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets without their stalks and put it through the blender until it becomes like couscous.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and microwave for 5-7 minutes depending on the size of the mixture.
- Take it out carefully because the cauliflower couscous burns a lot and pour it on a linen or cotton towel.
- Wear gloves and squeeze very well the towel that has the grated and boiled cauliflower in it to drain its water.
- Leave it in the fridge for an hour to ‘rest’.
- Take it out and add the egg, oregano or mint, salt and the grated cheese you like to the bowl. Shape it until you make a ‘dough ball’.
- Place your dough on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and open it with a spatula, while with your hands you press and shape it until you form a thin base for your pizza.
For the topping of your pizza, you will decide. Let your imagination run wild and improvise!
Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees in the air and lower resistance for 45 minutes depending on your oven.
Tip: the secret to a dry pizza dough that you can work with your hands is to thoroughly remove the moisture contained in the boiled cauliflower-couscous mixture. So squeeze the towel with the mixture really, really hard!
The same idea can be done with broccoli or with broccoli and cauliflower together.
Συνταγές,Food,Recipes, #Pizza #cauliflower #dough
❤ XOXO ❤