For the first time in three years, Chile will live a Holy Week without confinement, which implies meeting with loved ones to enjoy and reflect. In that sense, it is understandable that during the weekend people leave their diets or healthy habits.
As for the famous chocolate eggs, which the little ones especially enjoy, Evelyn Figueroa, nutritionist from Aramark, recommends portions of “no more than 3 eggs, always focusing on not overdoing it and consuming in moderation, but not on prohibiting certain foods either”, in addition, it adds that other options without chocolate can be preferred “such as malva eggs and almond. In the latter case, it is necessary to be certain in advance that the children are not allergic to nuts”.
The nutritionist also recommends sugar-free desserts, such as fruit or certain preparations, to be able to enjoy yourself while taking care of yourself.
On the other hand, for those who have decided to reduce or eliminate the consumption of red meat, fish or foods derived from animal origin, the professional assures that today there is a greater variety of recipes and preparations that allow obtaining the same health benefits, with good Affordable flavors and prices.
During Holy Week, there are also many who avoid eating red meat. For this, seafood is a positive option, since it “provides us with good quality fats such as omega 3, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which help us reduce cholesterol and triglycerides, for On the other hand, they contain essential vitamins and minerals for our body to function properly,” says Evelyn.
Despite this, new food trends increasingly have more innovative options in terms of vegetarian or vegan preparations, including appetizers, main dishes and desserts.
- Choice of three seafood dishes
Entrance: Cochayuyo Ceviche
- 1 bundle of dry cochayuyo
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 green chili
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the cochayuyo in a pot with water until soft. Remove and drain.
- Cut the cochayuyo into small pieces.
- Wash, peel and chop the onion, the chili and the coriander leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the cochayuyo, the onion, the chili and the chopped cilantro, add the lemon juice and the oil. Dress.
- Let stand a few hours and serve.
Stuffed paprika with brown curry rice and gratin nuts
- 8 peppers of various colors (red, green, yellow, orange)
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- ½ cup of parsley
- ¼ cup chopped raisins (Turkish apricots can be substituted)
- ¼ cup crushed unsalted peanuts (or unsalted cashews)
- 2 ½ cups of vegetable drink
- ½ cup of wheat flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated vegan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- Mix the onion and carrot. Add the brown rice with the salt, the colored pepper, the curry, the peanuts and the raisins. Cook for 20 minutes and mix with the chopped parsley. Reserve.
- Pre-cook the peppers in salted water for 15 minutes, cut in half and remove the seeds. Reserve.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture of vegetables and rice, cook au gratin in the oven at 200° with the bechamel sauce and grated cheese for 12 minutes.
For the bechamel sauce:
- Heat the oil, add the flour all at once and stir until it separates from the pot.
- Gradually add the non-dairy milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming, season with salt and nutmeg.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the desired texture is achieved, rectify flavor, reserve.
Baked salmon with quinoa salad and steamed vegetables
- 160 gr. Salmon
- 1⁄4 cup white quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup black quinoa
- 1⁄4 carrots, cut into diamonds or medium cubes
- 1⁄4 zucchini cut into diamonds or medium cubes 1⁄4 white onion
- 50 gr. shrimp
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 each chopped cilantro
- A pinch of merquen
- 1⁄2 cup of white wine
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 tbsp. of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- For the salmon: Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste and bake for 8 minutes at 160°.
- For the pil-pil sauce: In a pan add a little vegetable oil. Once hot add the onion, garlic and shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the white wine until the alcohol evaporates; then add the butter, coriander and merquén to taste and cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Reserve.
- For the mixed quinoa salad: In a pot with boiling water add the white quinoa and black quinoa and let it cook for 15 minutes. Then filter and cool and finally season.
- For the steamed vegetables: Cut carrot and Italian squash in diamond shapes and cook in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- On a flat plate, put the quinoa and steamed vegetables, on these place the salmon in cubes and sauce evenly.
(para 6 muffin)
Egg and Mushroom Muffin
- 4 eggs
- 1 chive
- 1/2 or 1/4 (depending on size) Red Pepper
- 1 small carrot
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- complete dressing
- Salt to taste
- Chop the mushrooms and half a spring onion into small squares and set aside.
- Beat 2 whole eggs, add a pinch of salt, complete seasoning and pepper to taste and beat.
- Add the mushrooms and half a spring onion, stir.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. Integrate, portion into silicone molds and set aside. (for 3).
For the bell pepper and carrot muffins:
- Chop pepper, and the other half of chives into small squares and reserve.
- Grate the carrot in the finest part and reserve.
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs, add salt, pepper and complete dressing and beat.
- Then add the red pepper, chives and carrot and integrate.
- Finally add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. And integrate, portion into silicone moulds. (for 3)
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked and golden.
Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40 drops of Stevia
- 1 pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients in the juicer and leave until they are well mixed.
- In a nonstick skillet add about half a cup for each pancake.
- When it bubbles it means it’s ready to flip.
- For the filling you can use delicacy or jam without sugar.
La Receta De, #Recipes #Easter #healthy #good #flavors
❤ XOXO ❤