Unfortunately, I am part of that percentage of humans for whom exercising is not very good, I have not been the most consistent or disciplined, but I must admit and congratulate myself because in recent months I have managed to incorporate sport into my life. , I have not reached my goal, but I am on a very good path; and I must thank the advice of several of my friends fitness and several trainers that I follow on social networks and with whom I have taken classes.
Well, I must also say that, not having this discipline since I was little, I constantly struggle to maintain the achievement of exercising and this becomes a weekly challenge for me. Oddly enough, I start each week as if I were starting this process and this has helped me establish routines. Here I share with you what I do every week to start training, it is worth mentioning that this is a compilation that I have made of several social network trainers and my own experience.
If you want to establish training as a habit, do not make these 3 mistakes:
- That your goals and objectives are very general, instead of saying, I want to do more physical activity, define:
– What kind of physical activity do you want to do?
– How often, what days a week and for how long (20 minutes, 30 minutes, one hour).
– Schedule a training that you can meet, that would be great. Buy an agenda that you use for your new challenge.
- Another mistake we make is wanting to change everything at once, modify one thing at a time, you can gradually incorporate one change a week. For example, instead of saying, I go for a run every day in the morningPropose this week to go for a walk three days in the morning for half an hour, or you can take 2 yoga classes a week, and gradually increase the time and number of sessions.
- This mistake is the one I’ve had to struggle with the most, and it’s waiting to feel like or motivated to exercise. The desire and motivation fluctuate, they can change, so plan and even if you don’t feel like it, do it, it’s about having willpower to achieve your goal. For example, instead of thinking that it is very cold and that surely when spring begins you will feel more like going jogging in the morning, remember that your desire varies constantly, you have to have willpower and do it, you will feel better.
Although I must admit that I love that feeling of setting myself the challenge weekly, to achieve it and progress as the weeks go by, regardless of what you decide, keep the following in mind:
- Start by training 5 minutes a day instead of training 2 hours a day.
- Start by waking up 15 minutes earlier instead of waking up 2 hours earlier.
- Keep in mind that those small steps give you the strength to take bigger steps and in the process you are training your willpower.
- Respect all phases of training, whatever training you propose, if you have already chosen a coach, discuss it with him/her.
- Stay with the feeling that you can do a little more, so you can gradually increase your session time, the difficulty of the exercise or the weight.
- Do not forget to drink water, hydration is mandatory.
- No matter what day you start, train 2-3 days and then 5 days per week. This is also progressive. The important thing is to start.
If you increase intensity little by little in your routines, you will see how you progress without pain or discomfort that prevents you from continuing to exercise.
#Tips #start #training
❤ XOXO ❤